A missing person alert for a 78-year-old Bellingham woman was lifted on Friday evening after Joann W. Nelson was found deceased about one mile from the end of Polson Camp Road.
The alert went out last week after a Grays Harbor Sheriff’s deputy located her vehicle on U.S. Highway 101. Nelson had first been reported missing out of Bellingham by the Police Department there on March 27.
A Sheriff’s news release said Nelson spent the night at a hotel in Ocean Shores on March 26. Nelson was possibly seen walking on Polson Camp Road on March 27 at approximately 3:30 p.m. She was reported to be bi-polar and is off her medication, the news release said.
“At this point the death does not appear suspicious. The investigation will continue,” said Brad Johansson, Chief Crimanl Deputy for the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office. “Family members have been notified and the Sheriff’s Office expresses our condolences for the loss of their loved one. Search and rescue located the victim in a heavily wooded area off of Polson Camp Road.”
Grays Harbor Sheriff’s reports
• Burglary to the Light House restaurant at 850 Pt. Brown Ave. NE in Ocean Shores, cash register stolen in break-in overnight, reported at 6:55 a.m.
• Vehicle stuck in Copalis River after intentionally driving into the river at 7:08 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct on McAfee Rd. in Humptulips at 9:47 p.m.
• Pack of dogs killing a goat in the field in the 100 block of Copalis Beach Rd. at 8:21 a.m.
• Burglary in the 200 block of Powell Rd., reported at 8:28 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct in the 100 block of W. Chance a la Mer St. NW in Ocean Shores at 8:57 p.m.
• Domestic violence assault on Elma St. in Copalis Beach at 10:20 a.m.
• Trespassing on 2nd St. and State Route 109 in Moclips at 3:27 p.m.
• Missing person reported/located at 12:37 p.m. in the 4800 block of Pacific Ave. in Moclips.
• Burglary in the 700 block of Copalis Beach Rd. in Copalis Beach, reported at 4:38 p.m.
• Burglary in progress at 839 Ocean Shores Blvd. (Ocean Lovers Inn) at 8:53 p.m.