The annual Ocean Shores Airport Appreciation Day on Saturday will end with a big bang and explosions.
That’s because the city of Ocean Shores has granted a permit for the same company that conducted the private fireworks show for the Hawks Fan Fest last weekend to return for another show to close the Airport Appreciation festivities.
Mayor Crystal Dingler said the fireworks show will be held at the airport about 9 p.m. on Saturday.
The sixth annual Airport Appreciation Day runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Ocean Shores Municipal Airport, with entrance at the intersection of Albatross with Duck Lake Drive. Parking also available at North Bay Park.
There will be a fly-in and open house, with a classic car shows, and displays by North Beach PAWS, the Ocean Shores Firewise Community volunteers, and the Ocean Shores Fire Department, as well as the Experimental Aircraft Association, which will sponsor a hot dog bar.
• Sept. 3 — Paddle-A-Thon; races and demonstrations of human-powered watercraft, canoes, kayaks. North Bay Park, 299 Albatross St. NE.
• Sept. 3-4 — Kelpers Festival and Shake Rat Rendezvous, Pacific Beach. Main parade on Sunday, Kiddies Parade at noon on Saturday, starting at the Post Office in Pacific Beach. Shake Mill events, vendors, live bands and evening dance.
For more info call (360) 276-8377.
• Sept. 9-11 — A.A.O.S. Arts and Crafts Festival; One of Western Washington’s largest indoor & outdoor handmade arts and crafts fair.
• Sept. 10-11: Annual Up Your Wind Kite Festival. Pacific Beach. This is a fun fly event on the beach at Pacific Beach State Park. Sponsored by Hi-Flyers Kite Shop. Call Scott at 360-276-8377 for more info.
• Sept. 16-18 — 25th Annual Sand Castles and S’mores Festival. Pacific Beach. On the beach, past the State Park near Joe Creek. In partnership with the Museum of the North Beach.
• Sept. 16-18 — Whale of a Quilt Show; Boutique vendors, handmade quilts, demonstrations, and quilted items at the Ocean Shores Convention Center.
• Sept. 17 — International Beach Cleanup. Register online with Washington Coastsavers, begins at 9 am.
• Sept. 23-25 — Bacon Bash at the Ocean Shores Convention Center; All things bacon, with food, vendors, novelties and entertainment. New event.
• Oct. 1 — Big Foot Brew Fest, Seabrook: Enjoy a variety of microbrews. Front Street beer garden.
• Oct. 20-23 — Irish Music Festival, Ocean Shores, Hoquiam. Largest Irish music celebration on the West Coast. (www.galwaybayirishpub.com).
• Nov. 25-27 — Winter Fanta-Sea at the Ocean Shores Convention Center; Unique handmade items just in time for the holidays.
• Nov. 25 — Seabrook annual Christmas Tree Lighting, with hot chocolate bar, cookie exchange, caroling, and Santa arriving on a bike, outside Town Hall in Seabrook.
• Dec. 3 — Community Christmas Tree Lighting Pacific Beach, 5 p.m.The GHFD No. 8 Santa and his crew will be there, local businesses will have treats. Contact Stephanie at (360) 276-0009.
• Dec. 23 — Seabrook’s Holiday Concert at Town Hall, 7 p.m. Performing again this year will be Ericka Corban and a special musical guest; $5 per person, pay at the door.