The 70-foot fishing vessel Trinity was beached Thursday at low tide just off the beach at Copalis Beach.
Coast Guard Petty Officer 1st Class Levi Read said there were no injuries or apparent damage to the boat, which did not have a catch aboard when it became beached.
The cause was not known, but there appeared to be no leaking fuel or oil, and the Trinity still had power.
Read said the plan was to bring in a tug to help pull the Trinity back into open seas at high tide.
“We are in direct communication with the vessel,” Read said. “They have hired a tug to come out and help them pull them out, but at this time the crew is saying they are not in distress.”
The Grays Harbor Coroner’s Office has identified the body found in Aberdeen on Sept. 2 as Steven T. Dolling, 56, of Ocean Shores.
He was last seen in Aberdeen on Aug. 6, said a report from Lane Youmans, Grays Harbor Coroner. An autopsy was conducted Wednesday, and there were no indications of foul play, Youmans said. The cause and manner of death are pending toxicology results.
Ocean Shores Police said that a missing persons report had been filed on Dolling. The Aberdeen Police Department is handling the investigation.
Ocean Shores Police log
• Threatening complaint at 9:49 a.m. in the 600 block of Pt. Brown Ave. SE.
• Code enforcement issues in the 400 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. SW (10:23 a.m.), on Hilo Ct. SW, and on Yorkmar St. at Ocean Shores Blvd (10:40 a.m.)
• Disorderly conduct at 1:15 p.m. in the 900 block of Camoko Ct. SE.
• Code enforcement in the 900 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE at 2:35 p.m.
• Prowler reported in the 300 block of Harbor View Loop SE at 3:09 p.m.
• Attempted suicide in the 700 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE at 3 p.m.
• Noise complaints in the 500 block of Mt. Olympus Ave. SE (5:35 p.m.) and in the 700 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE (6:26).
• Disorderly conduct at 7:26 p.m. on Mizzen Ave. NW at Starboard Ct. NW.
• Surf rescue call on the beach north of the jetty approach at 7:48 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct at 8:51 p.m. in the 700 block of Edgewood Ave. NE.
• Disorderly conduct at 8:36 p.m. in the 700 block of S. Rain St. NE.
• Burglary reported at 1:45 a.m. in the 500 block of Weatherwax Loop NE.
• Warrant arrest at 8:43 a.m. in the 200 block of S. Narwhal Loop.
• Blocking accident in the 700 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW at 9:19 a.m.
• Malicious Mischief/damaged mailbox overnight in the 300 block of Duck Lake Dr. NE.
• Unconscious person at 10:52 a.m. in the 700 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE.
• Code enforcement at 11:10 a.m. in the 300 block of Canal Dr. NE.
• Harassment report in the 600 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW at 2:35 p.m.
• Noise complaint/loudspeaker and loud part in the part at 10:12 p.m. in the 200 block of Albatross St. NE.
• Code enforcement at 10:25 a.m. in the 400 block of N. Portal Loop SW.
• Theft at 11:56 a.m. in the 100 block of Sunrise Ave. SE.
• Burglary report/building believed broken into, at 12:14 p.m. in the 500 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE.
• Weapon offense/male threatening people with knife in the 700 block of Sea Horse Ave. NE at 3:06 p.m.
• Harassment complaint at 2:46 p.m. in the 1100 block of Fairwood Ave. SW.
• Burglary to motel room at 3:42 p.m. in the 600 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW.
• Unconscious person reported at 5:57 p.m. in the 700 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE.