City public meetings
Four public meetings have been set as the Council begins to review chapters of the City Comprehensive Plan on land use and the environment. The meetings are: 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at the Sweet Grass Hotel meeting room; 4 p.m. Feb. 25 at the Convention Center; 3 p.m. March 2 at the Oyhut Bay meeting room; 11 a.m. March 6 at the WorldMark Mariner Village meeting room.
The Museum of the North Beach will be hosting the next Beachcombing ID from A to Z event on Sunday, Feb. 24 from 2-4 p.m. Bring in your unique, mysterious or everyday beachcombed objects and local expert and professional beachcomber Alan Rammer will be on hand to identify and educate. He helps participants figure out what the items are, where they originated and what the findings could mean. Alan was one of the original founders of the annual Beachcombers Fun Fair in Ocean Shores. A prize will be awarded to the most unique beachcombed find. This is a free event.
The Museum of the North Beach is located at 4658 SR 109 in Moclips. It is open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends during the winter months. For information call (360) 276-4441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stage West auditions
Open auditions for all ages are being held for the Stage West Community Theatre’s production of Alice in Wonderland. Director Jay Dalton will hold auditions from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Feb. 23 at the Ocean Shores Lions Club. For information: (360) 268-3430.
• North Beach Senior Resource Center and the Olympic Area Agency on Aging are open on Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; and have health insurance information and an assistance specialist available every Thursday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Ocean Shores United Methodist Church, 557 Point Brown Ave. NW.
• Community Voices meets to discuss local issues on Thursdays at the North Beach Senior Center, 885 Ocean Shores Blvd. from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Answers for All (AFA) meets Wednesdays at 10 a.m. at the Ocean Shores Elks Lodge, 199 Ocean Lake Way SE. Join for coffee and conversation about Ocean Shores, the North Beach and the county. • The Coastal Interpretive Center, 1033 Catala Ave SE, Ocean Shores, is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for winter: www.interpretivecenter.org
• North Beach Genealogical Society meets every third Monday of each month at the Ocean Shores Library.
• Ocean Shores Friends of the Library (FOL) meets the second Monday each month in the library meeting room at 573 Point Brown Ave.NW at 2 p.m.
• Toastmasters Club No. 3942026, North Beach Speech Masters meets regularly on Thursdays from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 199 Ocean Lake Way SE.
• Bingo at the Elks: Ocean Shores/North Beach Elks Lodge No. 2581 hosts every Sunday at 1:30 p.m., with lunch at noon; 199 Ocean Lake Way SE, 360-289-2581.
• Ocean Shores Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Thursdays in the Lions Club building, 832 Ocean Shores Blvd. NW.
• Ocean Shores Kiwanis meet the first and third Tuesdays of the month at noon at Alec’s by the Sea, 131 E. Chance a la Mer NE.
• North Beach Senior Center and Thrift Store is at 885 Ocean Shores Blvd. Lunch is served Monday through Saturday 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; breakfast on Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• The Ocean Shores Food Bank at 848 Anchor Ave. NW provides food on the first and third Thursday of every month, from 1:30 until 5 p.m. To make arrangements for transportation or food delivery, call Diane at (425) 922-3596 or Galilean Lutheran Church, (360) 289-3313. Emergency food is available Monday through Saturday at the Anchor Avenue Thrift Store.
• The Copalis Community Church Food Bank is at 3140 State Route 109. Open every Wednesday from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m
• VFW 8956 of the North Beach meets at 6 p.m. on the first Monday of the month at 953 Trent Court SE, Ocean Shores.
• Women Helping Women – Women sharing resources, information, support and friendship – meets at noon on the second Friday of each month at the Shilo Inn on the fourth floor. No-host lunch and speaker Call 360-289-3880.
• Ocean Shores’ Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) meets Wednesdays at 4:45 p.m. at the Ocean Shores Library.
• Bridge sessions weekly in Ocean Shores: Duplicate Bridge is on Mondays at 12:30 p.m. Party Bridge is on Tuesdays at noon. For information: 360-289-2327.