Look at this stuff, isn’t it neat? When will the Westport Winery’s collection be complete?
The garden resort is already a top destination for wine tastings, casual dining, crafted spirits and sprawling sculpture and botanical gardens, but there was one thing missing.
A mermaid museum.
Roberts hopes the museum will be ready for visitors on International Mermaid Day, March 29, but just knowing the Westport Winery Garden Resort is passionate about mermaids gives you a hint at what to expect on your visit.
Sip, savor or stroll: the choice is yours!
If you’re hunting for an afternoon’s entertainment or an evening meal, just look for the lighthouse halfway between Westport and Aberdeen.
- Wine: Sample wines that have won over 500 medals in international competition, or sit down for a flight at the Sea Glass Grill. There’s a glass for every taste, with a great choice of reds, whites, sparkling and fruit wines.
- Dine: Great food, made from scratch — no wonder the Sea Glass Grill was the #2 winery restaurant in the United States by USAToday! The all-ages restaurant serves wine, beer and cocktails, and the on-site bakery means you should definitely stay for dessert. Fresh raspberry cream pie, lavender shortbread, and homemade dinner rolls using mom’s recipe.
- Shop: The Westport Winery gift shop is a great place to find creative gifts —wine accessories, ocean decor, gourmet food gift baskets, and unusual (and beautiful) plants for your garden.
- Stroll: 15 acres of serene gardens decorated with over 80 sculptures from local artists, and garden games to entertain kids of all ages. Horseshoes, garden mazes and even wizard’s chess. Leashed dogs welcome!
- Spirits: Ocean’s Daughter Distillery is the newest addition to the Westport Winery Garden Resort, serving vodka, gin, whiskey, rum, agave spirits, brandy and liqueurs with maritime spirit. Try a sample in the tasting room or enjoy a cocktail with dinner at the Sea Glass Grill.
The Westport Winery, Sea Glass Grill and Ocean’s Daughter Distillery are open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., and all ages are welcome. Look for the lighthouse along Hwy 105 at 1 South Arbor Rd. — there’s ample parking for cars and RVs.
Sign up for the Wine Club to receive discounts on wine and gifts, and receive two bottles of wine per quarter. And follow Westport Winery on Facebook for updates on the one-of-a-kind Mermaid Museum opening in 2021!