One of the most popular post-summer events fills the Ocean Shores Convention Center this weekend with the return of the Associated Arts of Ocean Shores Arts & Crafts Festival.
With booths and displays inside and outside, the Art & Crafts festival features handcrafted items that are made by the registered selling vendor. Meet the crafters and artisans as they work on new pieces for the festival that benefits AAOS activities.
The festival begins Friday from noon to 5 p.m., and continues Saturday (10 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and Sunday (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.P
For more information, visit online at http://associatedarts.org/
• Sept. 10-11: Annual Up Your Wind Kite Festival. Pacific Beach. This is a fun fly event on the beach at Pacific Beach State Park. Sponsored by Hi-Flyers Kite Shop. Call Scott at 360-276-8377 for more info.
• Sept. 10: Hoquiam Logger’s Day Playday, Olympic Stadium. Hoquiam Elks Parade at noon. Logging competitions, log rolling, saw exhibition, fireworks, music and entertainment.
Museum’s new calendar
The 2017 Historical Calendar produced by the Museum of the North Beach is now available.
“The 13th edition is a collection is a collection of incredible images from the Jones Photo Collection” says Kelly Calhoun, curator of the museum. “The cover shows a photographer and bathing beauties at Pacific Beach circa 1925.”
“Our annual high-quality calendar has become a collectors item with its classic photographs and interesting dates of historical events. They make the perfect gift!”
The calendars sell for $16.52, which includes Washington sales tax and first class mailing. To order the calendar please send your check to: Museum of the North Beach, PO Box 231, Moclips, WA 98562.
For more information, call (360) 276-4441 or email email@example.com.
• Sept. 16-18 — Whale of a Quilt Show, presented by the Sea Pal Quilt Guild for the 23rd year; Boutique vendors, handmade quilts, demonstrations, and quilted items at the Ocean Shores Convention Center.
Show hours: Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This show presents quilts, quilted items, wearables, and other items that have been made by the members of the guild. Admission is free; Donations are always welcome and graciously accepted. Drinks and refreshments will be available. Free door prizes all three days.
Visit the website www.seapalquilters.org for more information, or find on Facebook at 2016 Whale of a Quilt Show.
• Sept. 16-18 — 25th Annual Sand Castles and S’mores Festival. Pacific Beach. On the beach, past the State Park near Joe Creek. In partnership with the Museum of the North Beach.
• Sept. 17 — International Beach Cleanup. Register online with Washington Coastsavers, begins at 9 am.
• Sept. 23-25 — Bacon Bash at the Ocean Shores Convention Center; All things bacon, with food, vendors, novelties and entertainment. New event.
• Oct. 1 — Big Foot Brew Fest, Seabrook: Enjoy a variety of microbrews. Front Street beer garden.
• Oct. 20-23 — Irish Music Festival, Ocean Shores, Hoquiam. Largest Irish music celebration on the West Coast. (www.galwaybayirishpub.com).
• Nov. 25-27 — Winter Fanta-Sea at the Ocean Shores Convention Center; Unique handmade items just in time for the holidays.
• Nov. 25 — Seabrook annual Christmas Tree Lighting, with hot chocolate bar, cookie exchange, caroling, and Santa arriving on a bike, outside Town Hall in Seabrook.
• Dec. 3 — Community Christmas Tree Lighting Pacific Beach, 5 p.m.The GHFD No. 8 Santa and his crew will be there, local businesses will have treats. Contact Stephanie at (360) 276-0009.
• Dec. 23 — Seabrook’s Holiday Concert at Town Hall, 7 p.m. Performing again this year will be Ericka Corban and a special musical guest; $5 per person, pay at the door.