A 47-year-old Ocean Shores man has been convicted in Grays Harbor Superior Court for kidnapping and related charges, including possession of heroin, in the assault that occurred last August at a house on Rain Street.
Jarrod Airington was convicted first-degree kidnapping, second-degree assaut, possesson of methamphetamine and heroin with intent to deliver and unlawful possession of a firearm.
The arrest of Airington and others connected to the case came after an investigation by the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office, Grays Harbor Drug Task Force and the Ocean Shores Police Department.
Detectives received information about an assault that occurred and contacted the victim who had not reported the crime.
“The victim was afraid to report the crime in fear of retaliation. The detectives were able to get cooperation from the victim and an investigation was initiated. During the investigation they discovered the victim had been tied to a chair and punched, kicked, hit with a stick, stabbed with a knife and threatened with a firearm,” said a news release from Chief Criminal Deputy Brad Johansson of the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office.
“Airington believed the victim had stolen drugs from him and was trying to get him to confess to stealing the drugs.” When the search warrants were served, detectives found Airington in possession of methamphetamine and heroin that he was selling in the Grays Harbor area.
The Grays Harbor Prosecutor’s Office took the case to trial with witnesses and a victim who was reluctant to participate due to fear of retaliation, Johansson noted.
“At the end of the trial it took the jury less than an hour to find Airington guilty of the charges. Airington is facing an extensive prison sentence due to his criminal history and the seriousness of the charges,” he said.
Ocean Shores Police reports
• Report of a dead body on the beach at the North Jetty at 3:05 p.m.
• Traffic accident/vehicle vs. deer in the 600 block of Dolphin Ave. NE at the Post Office at 4:35 p.m.
• Code enforcement/business solicitation/littering in the 200 block of Juniper Ct. at 8:04 p.m.
• Trespassing issue reported in the 800 block of Trinidad Ct. NE at 9:34 a.m.
• Code enforcement/illegal camping on Vagabond Ave. SW and Wawona Ave. SW at 11 a.m.
• Trespassing in the 700 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NW at 11:35 a.m.
• Disorderly conduct at the Post Office in the 600 block of Dolphin Ave. NE at 6 p.m.
• Felony warrant arrest in the 500 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE at 6:23 p.m.
• Code enforcement/excessive garbage and debris at building site in the 100 block of Cakesosta St. SE at 9:40 a.m.
• Assist Fire Department with structure fire at 12:18 p.m. in the 1400 bock of Diamond Head Ave. SW.
• Disorderly conduct at 6:01 p.m. in the 800 block of San Antonio Ct. NE.
• Camping/RV violation in the 400 block of Sextans Ave. SW at 10:51 a.m.
• Assist Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office with response to hit-and-run accident in the parking lot of the Quinault Beach Resort & Casiono at 12:11 a.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 600 block of Mt. Olympus Ave. SE
• Report of fraudulent check cashing in the 100 block of W. Chance a la Mer St. at 9:50 a.m.
• Construction noise complaint in the 100 block of Bass Ave. NE at 12:08 p.m.
• Traffic stop/driver arrested for driving while license suspended at 3:06 p.m. in the 700 block of Mt. Olympus Ave. SE.
• Assist Sheriff’s Office with response to possible drug transaction in the QBRC parking lot off State Route 115 at 3:45 p.m.
• Assist Fire Department with response to illegal burn on the beach south of the Chance a la Mer approach at 6:29 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct in the 700 block of Ocean Ct. NW at 12:27 a.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 200 block of Ensign Ave. NW at 12:14 p.m.