Two teenage sisters (17 and 14 years old) from Lakewood have been arrested for second-degree robbery after police said they assaulted a store clerk at the Ocean Shores IGA.
At 9:31 a.m. on March 1, Ocean Shores Police Officers responded to a report of a theft and assault at the IGA. on Chance a la Mer Street.
The store employees told the officers that two girls came into the store and were caught shoplifting a bottle of liquor. An employee confronted them at the door, and the older girl assaulted the employee so they could get out of the store. They got into a car but were surrounded by several store employees. The girls then returned the stolen alcohol and drove away.
The store employee was not injured in the assault.
Two officers located the vehicle at a local motel, and determined in what room the girls were staying with their mother. After being interviewed, the girls were arrested. Both girls were later booked into the Grays Harbor County Juvenile Detention Center.
A theft becomes a robbery if a person takes property from the person of another or in his or her presence, by the use of immediate force, police said in a news release.
The Grays Harbor County Prosecuting Attorney’s office will review the report and determine what charges may ultimately be filed.
Citizens are being warned that the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office has opened a criminal impersonation investigation after receiving reports from several businesses in Grays Harbor County. The businesses reported they were contacted by a male subject identifying himself as a member of the Grays Harbor Sheriff’s Office. The male has made various false statements. One time he asked the businesses to come to the Sheriff’s Office to pick up a federal subpoena as they were being investigated for a crime. Another time, he asked for a fine to be paid in cash at the Sheriff’s Office. If you receive a call from a person claiming to be from the Sheriff’s Office and it does not seem reasonable or you want to confirm you are speaking to someone from the Sheriff’s Office you can call during business hours at (360) 249-3711 or the non-emergency dispatch number after hours at (360) 533-8765.
Ocean Shores police calls
• Vehicle vs. deer traffic accident at 9:13 a.m. in the 300 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE.
• Burglary in progress reported in the 300 block of Snahapish Ave. at 4:24 p.m.
• Arrest for domestic violence assault and malicious mischief in the 300 block of Hutton St. NE at 10:38 p.m.
• Traffic violation/driving with suspended license at 11:05 a.m. in the 100 block of W. Chance a la Mer St. NW.
• Dog bite/mother reports her son bitten by a dog at 3:23 p.m. on Meadow Ave. NE at Sunset Ave. NE.
• Traffic violation/driving with suspended license and no insurance at 4:34 p.m. in the 900 block of Pt. Brown Ave.
• Burglary reported at 7:33 p.m. in the 400 block of Salmonberry Lane/Oyhut Village.
• Traffic violation/arrest for driving with suspended license at 12:15 a.m. in the 700 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE.
• Assisted State Patrol with response to traffic accident in the 1800 block of State Route 109 (milepost 13) at 5:02 a.m.
• Report of fraudulent withdrawal from checkbook in the 800 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NW.
• Sex offense reported in the 400 block of Centaurus Ave. SW.
• Theft from vehicle in the 700 block of Edgewood Ave. NE at 10:51 a.m.
• Disorderly conduct/loud music in the 700 block of Trinity Ct. SE at 5:08 p.m.
• Arrest for domestic violence assault at 9:01 p.m. in the 500 block of Sand Dune Ave. SW.
• Assist Sheriff’s Department with response to domestic violence call at RV park in the 500 block of Damon Rd. at 7:38 p.m.
• Assist Sheriff’s Department with disorderly subject at Quinault Beach Resort at 3:06 a.m.
• Damage reported to electrical box at 8:08 a.m. on Albatross St. NE at Dolphin Ave. NE.
• Citation for operating a transient nightly rental in the 300 block of Wildwood Ave. SE at 9:47 a.m.
• Two-vehicle traffic accident in the 100 block of W. Chance a la Mer St. NW at 6:33 p.m.