A 37-year-old Seattle man was charged with negligent driving after he rolled his vehicle on the beach, sending a 4-year-old boy and 23-year-old woman to the hospital on Nov. 2.
A State Patrol report said Marco C. Williams was driving a white Chevrolet Blazer on the beach in front of the Ocean City State Park, about a mile north of Ocean Shores. At about 9:06 a.m., he was reported to be driving south with the boy and woman as passengers when he started doing “donuts,” the State Patrol reported. “Vehicle struck a large tidepool and rolled, coming to rest on its wheels, facing northbound.”
Both passengers were taken to Grays Harbor Community Hospital with undisclosed injuries, while the driver was reported to be uninjured. The Blazer was a total loss and impounded.
Local authorities are warning the public to be aware of a solicitation that purports to raise funds for something called the Firefighter Support Fund. It has absolutely no connection to local firefighters.
A mailed solicitation received locally claims the fund “has a mission to provide a voice in the crowded political landscape that fights for the rights the firefighters in our communities deserve.” It also claims to be a “national political nonprofit coalition of grassroots supporters committed to promote the interest of America’s firefighters.”
A citizen who called Ocean Shores about the solicitation said they were told a percentage of the funds would go to the Ocean Shores Fire Dept. “We had never heard of it and have no connection,” Mayor Crystal Dingler said.
Ocean Shores Police calls
• Camping/RV violation in the 100 block of Duck Lake Dr. SE at 10:07 a.m.
• Assist with search warrant in the 200 block of State Route 115 at 11:17 a.m.
• Sign code violation in the 399 block of Lake View Loop at 1:36 p.m.
• Suspicious circumstance/cemetery headstone found on the beach at Butter Clam St. at 6:27 p.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 900 block of Sand Dollar Ct. SW at 10 a.m.
• Code enforcement issue in the 200 block of South Oar Loop at 11:18 a.m.; and at 11:28 a.m. in the 100 block of North Razor Clam Dr. SW.
• Theft of political sign reported on E. Chance a la Mer St. NE at Albatross at 12:51 p.m.
• Warrant arrest in the 200 block of Wishkah St. SW at 12:57 p.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 300 block of Dorado Ave. SW at 1:24 p.m.
• Missing person/son ran off while clam digging on the beach north of the Chance a la Mer approach at 7:04 p.m.
• Missing person/woman reports losing her clam digging companions on the beach south of Damon Rd. approach at 9:09 p.m.
• Camping violation/person camping in vehicle by public restrooms in the 200 block of W. Chance a la Mer St. NW at 11:19 p.m.
• Code violation in the 600 block of Woodland Loop NE at 9:13 a.m.; and in the 200 block of Wishkah St. SW at 12:03 p.m.
• Domestic violence assault in the 100 block of Marine View Dr. SE at 11:59 a.m.
• Disorderly conduct in the 700 block of Ocean Court NW at 1:41 a.m.
• Traffic hazard/deceased coyote removed from the roadway in the 400 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. SW at 2:01 a.m.
• Camping/RV violation at 10:06 a.m. in the 400 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. SW; in the 300 block of Ostego St. SW at 11:48 a.m.; and in the 700 block of Island Circle SE at 3 p.m.
• Noise complaint in the 600 block of Birch Ct. NE at 3:53 p.m.
• Attempt to use $100 counterfeit bill at ACE Hardware on Chance a la Mer St. NE at 5:54 p.m.
• Vehicle/deer traffic accident in the 900 block of Pt. Brown Ave. SE at 7:41 p.m.
• Assault reported in the 200 block of Wishkah St. SW at 1:06 p.m.
Grays Harbor Sheriff’s log
• Fire to a garage in the 100 block of Copalis Beach Rd. at 7:01 p.m.
• Theft from vehicle on 1st St. S. in Pacific Beach at 10:28 a.m.
• Trespassing at Riverside RV in Copalis Beach at 8:19 a.m.
• Animal problem/bulls harassing horses on Prairie Gardens Rd. in Humptulips at 4:44 p.m.
• Stranded duck hunters rescued about a mile from the State Route 109 boat launch on the Humptulips River at 6:25 p.m.
• Burglary/back door kicked in on Griffard St. in Copalis Beach at 4:26 a.m.
• Burglary/window broken out of vacation RV on Moonrise Lane in Pacific Beach at 12:28 p.m.
• Domestic violence on Griffard St. and Copalis Beach Rd. in Copalis Beach at 3:48 p.m.
• Threats made with knife on Condra Rd. in Copalis Beach at 11:27 a.m.
• Truck accident, off the road in the 1800 block of Ocean Beach Rd. at 5:57 p.m.