A 67-year old Ocean Shores man was arrested Friday afternoon (Jan. 4) after allegedly threatening a neighbor with a stun gun and a knife in the 800 block of Ocean Shores Boulevard NW, Police said in a news release over the weekend.
Ocean Shores officers were dispatched at about 1:30 p.m. to the Ocean Lovers Inn for a report of a man being armed with a knife and chasing a neighbor.
When the officers arrived, the suspect had retreated to his apartment and refused to respond to knocks at the door, the Police reports said.
“The officers were able to contact the man (who is very well known to the police) by phone. The man refused to come out, saying he was afraid the officers were going to arrest him. However, he did invite the officers into his apartment. The man was ultimately arrested when two independent witnesses came forward and said they saw the man chasing the victim, waving a stun gun and a knife, yelling that he was going to cut and kill the victim,” said the news release from Sgt. David McManus.
The weapon, an Ulu knife, was recovered from the man’s apartment.
The suspect was booked into Grays Harbor County Jail for second-degree assault. The Prosecutor’s Office will determine what charges will be filed after reviewing the report.
Chase leads to arrest
Ocean Shores Police on Dec. 29 arrested a 39-year-old Aberdeen man on warrants for a murder and two robbery charges he had already served prison time for, as well as for traffic offenses, after the man allegedly tried to elude Police Sgt. Kyle Watson.
At about 10 a.m. that morning, a police report said, Sgt. Watson spotted a suspicious vehicle on Moxt Street in Illahee, just outside of Ocean Shores.
As the officer was turning around to check on the car, it sped off and entered the city of Ocean Shores. The vehicle then turned into the parking lot of an apartment building in the 800 block of Ocean Shores Boulevard. The vehicle attempted to drive behind the building in what appeared to be an attempt to elude the officer. As the car went behind the building, the driver lost control, spinning out on the wet grass and finally coming to a stop, the police report said.
The driver was detained in handcuffs and identified. He was found to be the subject of arrest warrants from Spokane County for second-degree murder, first- and second-degree robbery. The suspect has already served time in prison for these crimes, and the warrants were for probation violations, the police report said.
He was cited for reckless driving and four traffic infractions, and booked into the Grays Harbor County Jail on the felony warrants.
Sex offense charges
A 33-year old Ocean Shores man has been arrested for possession of depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct and viewing depictions of a minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct. Both charges are Class B felonies under state law, said an Ocean Shores Police news release.
On Dec. 29, Police received a report that the man had been sending sexually oriented messages to an 11-year old girl who does not live in the United States, and was accessing child pornography on the Internet, the news release said.
Officer Chris Iversen developed a case and obtained a search warrant for the man’s home to seize all devices capable of accessing the Internet or storing digital files. At the same time, the man was arrested on the charges.
The suspect was booked into the Grays Harbor County Jail, and the County Prosecutor’s Office will review the report and decide what charges are to be filed.
The electronic devices will be subject to a forensic examination to recover all illegal files, police said. The case also may be referred to federal authorities for further investigation.
Ocean Shores Police reports
• Trespassing in the 800 block of Dory Ct. NE at 3:01 p.m.
• Fireworks complaint at the North Jetty at 9:23 p.m.
• Code enforcement/subject launching sky lanterns on Sunset Ave. NE at Paradise Ct. NE at 12:14 a.m.
• Arrest for DUI in the 600 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW at 12:58 a.m.
• Sixteen speeding infractions on Ocean Shores Blvd. and Pt. Brown Ave. between 8:19 a.m and 1:44 p.m.
• Reported burglary to secondary property in the 400 block of Sand Dune Ave. SW at 4:59 p.m.
• Trespassing in the 800 block of Magellan Ave. NE at 9:08 a.m.
• Abandoned vehicle on the beach at Chance a la Mer approach at 9:43 a.m.
• Code violation/feeding deer at 10:12 a.m. in the 300 block of Cygus Ave. SW.
• Camping violation in the 200 block of Queets St. SW at 10:17 a.m.
• Domestic violence assault in the 400 block of Dolphin Ave. NE at 10:18 a.m.
• Code enforcement/transient nightly rental in the 1200 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. SW at 10:30 a.m.
• Sex offense in the 400 block of Octopus Ave. NE at 10:58 a.m.
• Assault reported in the 800 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW (Ocean Lovers Inn) at 2:23 p.m.
• Assisted Fire Department with utility pole on fire on Inlet Ave. at Frigate St. at 7:13 p.m.
• Violation of court order at 8:02 p.m. in the 700 block of S. Rain St. NE.
• Code violation/fence blown down/debris in yard at 11:28 a.m. in the 600 block of Chinook Ave. SE.
• Disorderly conduct in the 800 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. at 11:51 a.m.
• Traffic accident in the 900 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE at 4:32 p.m.
• Assist Fire Department with response to a smoking fire place in the 100 block of Pt. Brown Ave. Se at 6:36 p.m.
• Traffic hazard/support wire broken on power pole on Seahorse St. SW at Texmar Ave. SW at 7:38 p.m.
• Traffic stop/driver arrested for driving with suspended license in the 700 block of S. Rain St. NE at 1:08 a.m.
• Disorderly conduct/noise complaint in the 800 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW (Ocean Lovers Inn) at 2:53 a.m.
• Animal problem/feeding animals in the 700 block of Wakina Loop SE a 9:53 a.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 800 block of Whale Ct. SW at 10:15 a.m.
• Arrest for assault with a knife in the 800 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW (Ocean Lovers Inn) at 1:34 p.m.
• Arrest for felony warrant in the 500 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE at 3:17 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct in the 100 block of E. Chance a la Mer St. NE at 3:41 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct/verbal dispute in the police station parking lot on Pt. Brown Ave. at 4:20 p.m.
• Harassment complaint in the 900 block of Discovery Ave. SE at 4:12 p.m.
• Sign code violation in the 800 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE at 11:31 a.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 500 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW.
• Large tree down, blocking both lanes of Duck Lake Dr. SE at Catala Ave. SE at 12:23 a.m.
• Vehicle in the ditch in the 500 block of Pt. Brown Ave. NE at 12:52 a.m.
• Assist Fire Department with a Life Alert activation response at 1:50 a.m. in the 400 block of West Court Loop NE.
• Assist Sheriff’s Office with response to disorderly subject with an injured hand at 3:07 a.m. on State Route 115.
• Domestic violence assault in the 300 block of Ostego St. SW at 12:53 a.m.