A small kitchen fire caused extensive smoke damage at the Pirates Cove Pub, prompting the bar and restaurant to close its doors for several weeks.
Owner Jim Edwards said the fire probably started on the evening of March 3 and was discovered at around 8 a.m. the next morning. Damage from the fire itself was limited to the stove.
Edwards said almost everything will need to be replaced because of the smoke. He said the expectation was that the Pirates Cove would reopen, after an extensive renovation, sometime in early April. The cost of the damage was unknown but will be covered by insurance.
Edwards said he was glad no one was injured and that his main concern at the moment was assisting his employees during the closure. He added that he looks forward to seeing his regular customers when the pub reopens.
“We’ll have a party when we open,” Edwards said.
Ocean Shores Police reports
• Assist with disabled vehicle on the beach at the North Jetty at 1:11 p.m.
• Domestic violence assault in the 800 block of Scoter Ct. SE at 7:15 p.m.
• Domestic violence assault in the 600 block of Duck Lake Dr. NE at 9:27 p.m.
• Theft from vehicles in the 700 block of Lanyard Ct. NE at 9:21 a.m.
• Trespassing in the 100 block of E. Chance a la Mer St. at 3:48 p.m.
• Theft of a firearm from vehicle in the 1000 block of Fairwood Dr. SW at 4:22 p.m.
• Unattended fire on the beach north of Taurus Blvd. approach, extinguished by Fire Dept. at 7:10 p.m.
• Traffic accident/vehicle in ditch in the 100 block of E. Chance a la Mer St. NE at 8:41 p.m.
• Warrant arrest in the 100 block of Galleon Loop NE. at 9:31 p.m.
• Noise complaint/loud machinery operating at night in the 300 block of Olympic View Ave. NE at 11:22 p.m.
• Assist State Parks with dog impound at the Ocean City State Park at 12:37 a.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 500 block of Canal Dr. SE at 10:36 a.m.
• Disorderly conduct/loud music from construction site on Marine View Dr. SW at Pacific Surf Ave at 12:30 p.m.
• Traffic violation/arrest in the 600 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW at 7:09 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct/loud music from construction site in the 900 block of Texmar Ave. SW at 10:08 a.m.
• Sign code violation in the 400 block of S. Portal Loop SW at 1:21 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct in the 400 block of Volans Ave. SW at 4:32 p.m.
• Sign code violation in the 400 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW at 10:21 a.m.
• Code violation/transient nightly rental at 10:33 in the 1200 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. SW.
• Illegal burning in the 700 block of S. Rain St. NE at 10:48 p.m.
• Code violation/advertised transient nightly rental in the 100 block of Taholah St. NE at 10:52 p.m.
• Assist State Parks and Grays Harbor County Sheriff’s Office with response to party on the beach south of Chance a la Mer approach at 10:45 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct in the 800 block of Pt. Brown Ave. SE at 1:28 a.m.
• Violation of court order in the 600 block of Ocean Shores Blvd. NW at 10:26 a.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 400 block of Cygnus Ave. SW at 11:33 a.m.
• Assisted with response to possible overdose in the 300 block of State Route 115 at 12:09 p.m.
• Camping/RV violation in the 500 block of Kahkwo Ct. SE at 12:16 p.m.
• Weapon offense in the 800 block of Albion Ave. SE at 2:26 p.m.
• Assist Sheriff’s Office with response to domestic violence call on Hoquiam Ct. in Copalis Beach at 8:49 p.m.
• Disorderly conduct in the 500 block of Sunset Ave. NE at 10:47 p.m.
• Theft of fuel from motor home overnight in the 300 block of N. Razor Clam Dr. SW at 12:47 p.m.