Spring Concert series
North Beach Singers present “A Spring Concert,” starting Friday, May 18 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, May 19 at 3 p.m. at Faith Community Church, 240 Canal Drive SE; and Saturday afternoon, June 2 at 3 p.m. in Moclips at Chapel By the Sea Church, 4612 State Route 109. Come join the singers for a concert that will include a selection of their favorite songs. Admission: a donation of non-perishable food and/or money to benefit the North Beach Food Banks. For information call (360) 289-4499.
Hands Across the Sand
Citizens supporting a clean marine environment will join hands at the Ocean Shores north jetty on May 19 (starting at noon) to form a line on the beach for 15 minutes. The group turned out for a similar event last year. “Let’s stand together and say, ‘No to dirty fuels, yes to clean energy.’” For more information: email@example.com
Hydrant flushing schedule
The Ocean Shores Water Department will be flushing fire hydrants in the northwestern and northeastern areas of the city in May. Work will be conducted from E. Rain St. NE to Albatross St. NE on May 22-23.
It is common for flushing activities to stir up sediment in the water lines surrounding the work areas.
The city recommends that you do not use hot water during the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the days shown. If you experience discoloration of your water, please run the COLD water tap for a few minutes until it clears. If you must use hot water during flushing operations, the city strongly recommends flushing your hot water tank after operations are complete.
A map of the work area can be viewed at www.osgov.com. If you have any questions or require additional information, call 360-289-4210 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mini Coopers for parade
Mini Cooper owners interested in participating in the Ocean Shores Flag Day Parade on June 9, call Betsy at 360-289-3247.
Lake Quinault Craft Fair
The Lake Quinault Community Circle will host its annual Spring Craft Fair and Bake Sale on Saturday, June 2 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Amanda Park. Artists and craftsmen from around the Olympic Peninsula will display a variety of hand-crafted jewelry, woodwork, arts, photography, gifts and crafts reflective of the Pacific Northwest. Fresh herbs, produce, honey and home-made baked goods will also be for sale.
This event is planned by the Lake Quinault Community Circle, a non-profit group of volunteers dedicated to helping people in need and bringing the community together.
The LQCC hosts several annual events, including the 29th Annual Rain Forest Bike Ride which will be held on Saturday, June 23.
For more information, contact (360) 593-9064.
LID foreclosure sale
The city of Ocean Shores will conduct its next LID foreclosure sale on Friday June 1, starting at 10 a.m. at the Library, 573 Pt. Brown Ave. NW.
• The North Beach Genealogical Society meets every third Monday of each month at the Ocean Shores Library. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. for meet and greet; meeting starts at 1 p.m. The presentation for the May 21 meeting will be on organizing genealogy research using the techniques from the book File … Don’t Pile for People Who Write.
• The group Community Voices meets to discuss local issues on Thursdays at the North Beach Senior Center, 885 Ocean Shores Blvd. from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Moderated by City Council member Susan Conniry.
• Answers for All (AFA) meets every Wednesday at 10 a.m. at the Ocean Shores Elks Lodge, 199 Ocean Lake Way SE. Join for coffee and conversation about Ocean Shores, the North Beach and the county.
• Indivisible Ocean Shores meets at various meeting places and times: indivisibleoceanshores.website.
• Ocean Shores Councilwoman Holly Plackett holds a weekly no-host coffee hour on Tuesdays at 4 p.m. at the Home Port Restaurant, located at 857 Pt. Brown Ave.
• The Coastal Interpretive Center, 1033 Catala Ave SE, Ocean Shores, is open seven days a week, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Its website and Facebook page has regular updates: www.interpretivecenter.org
• Ocean Shores Friends of the Library (FOL) meets the second Monday each month in the library meeting room at 573 Point Brown Ave NW at 2 p.m. All interested persons are encouraged to attend.
• Toastmasters Club No. 3942026, North Beach Speech Masters, meets every Thursday from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Elks Lodge, 199 Ocean Lake Way SE. Guests welcome.
• Bingo at the Elks: Ocean Shores/North Beach Elks Lodge No. 2581 hosts every Sunday at 1:30 p.m., with lunch at noon; 199 Ocean Lake Way SE, 360-289-2581.
• Ocean Shores Lions Club meets at noon on the second and fourth Thursdays in the Lions Club building, 832 Ocean Shores Blvd. NW.
• Ocean Shores Kiwanis meet the first and third Tuesdays of the month at noon at Alec’s by the Sea, 131 E. Chance a la Mer NE.
• The North Beach Senior Center and Thrift Store is located at 885 Ocean Shores Blvd. Lunch is served Monday through Saturday 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.; breakfast on Sundays from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
• The Ocean Shores Food Bank at 848 Anchor Ave. NW provides distributions of food on the first and third Thursday of every month, from 1:30 until 5 p.m. To make arrangements for transportation or food delivery, call Mitch at 309-236-4896 or Galilean Lutheran Church, 360-289-3313. Emergency food is available Monday through Saturday at the Anchor Avenue Thrift Store.
• The Copalis Community Church Food Bank is at 3140 State Route 109. Open every Wednesday from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• The Grace Cafe is open each Friday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for a free community meal at Galilean Lutheran Church, 824 Ocean Shores Blvd. NW in Ocean Shores. For more information, call Leslie Reedy at 360-589-3349 and Nina Chalupnik at 651-900-3142.
• VFW 8956 of the North Beach meets at 6 p.m. on the first Monday of the month at 953 Trent Court SE, Ocean Shores.
• North Beach Senior Resource Center and the Olympic Area Agency on Aging have a Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisor every Thursday, noon to 2 p.m. at Ocean Shores United Methodist Church, 557 Point Brown Ave. NW.
• Women Helping Women – Women sharing resources, information, support and friendship – meets at noon on the second Friday of each month at the Shilo Inn on the fourth floor. No-host lunch and speaker. Call 360-289-3880.
• Ocean Shores’ Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) meets Wednesdays at 4:45 p.m. at the Ocean Shores Library.
• There are two Bridge sessions weekly in Ocean Shores: Duplicate Bridge is on Mondays at 12:30 p.m. and Party Bridge is played on Tuesdays at noon. Call for information: 360-289-2327.